Applications for 2014 entry are now open.
The call for applications, in Croatian, is available here:
The Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences (Filozofski fakultet) of the University of Rijeka announces the CALL FOR APPLICATIONS to the “Philosophy and Contemporaneity” PhD programme starting the winter semester of the academic year 2014/2015 for a total of 10 students.
The postgraduate doctoral study programme “Philosophy and Contemporaneity” is organized in a period of six semesters for full-time students or 10 semesters for part-time students.
In order to apply, candidates should have completed a relevant university undergraduate or graduate degree or master in the philosophy, humanities, social sciences or other related scientific fields.
With the application, that has to be written using this application form, the applicants must submit:
- A Curriculum vitae in written by using the Europass format by using this template;
- A certified copy of the diploma of undergraduate or graduate university study or a degree of Master of Science;
- Written statement of the institution or of the candidate concerning the willingness to pay the scholarship;
- A certificate of undergraduate or graduate studies or MA studies (with a grade point average);
- Letters of recommendations by two university professors written by using this recommendation form;
- Evidence of knowledge of a least one foreign language (English or German);
- Evidence of previous research activities (copies of published works), if there are;
- Citizenship certificate (for Croatian nationals).
The first level of selection will be based on a review of the submitted, documentation which will select the candidates who qualify for an interview.
The second level of selection will be an interview, which also has a selective role.
The Commission may request additional evidence of professional work (candidates can present their unpublished work).
The tuition fees for postgraduate doctoral studies is 7.000,00 kn per semester (for students in full-time employment for students and part-time) or a total of 42,000 kuna.
The Commission may establish for candidates who did not graduate in philosophy that they have to pass a supplementary examinations. Candidates are required to pay 500kn for supplementary examinations.
Applications should be submitted to the following address:
Filozofski fakultet u Rijeci,
Sveučilište u Rijeci,
Sveučilišna avenija 4,
51 000 Rijeka (Croatia)
The deadline for applications is 60 days from the date of the publication of this announcement in printed form.
This announcement has been published in printed form in the date: 23.07. 2014 in the Narodne Novine, number 88, page 18.
Untimely and incomplete applications will not be considered.
Additional information may be obtained at:
Department of Philosophy,
Sveučilišna avenija 4,
51 000 Rijeka
Phone: +385 51 265 638.
For detailed information about the application deadline, supporting materials, and full guidance for completing and submitting the application form, please contact the Director of the programme Prof. Nenad Smokrović at: nenad[at]ffri.hr .